We care about your privacy.
What personal information do we collect?
In order to purchase a Modify miniature, you will need to create an account at the Modify website. In order to register for a Modify account and to be able to make a purchase, you must provide the following personal information:
- your name (does not have to be your real name!)
- your email address
- a password that will be associated with your Modify Miniatures account
- your invoice & delivery address (if delivery address is different)
- credit card and billing information which will be used to complete purchases from our website
- orders will be filed for 7 years according to Dutch law and will be deleted after this period
Characters, figures, and prints created using our software is not considered personal or private information. We treat these designs and prints as public information which may be used or displayed publicly on our site, on other sites, in print, or in real life.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
A cookie is a small string of information that the website that you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and enables the website to improve its functionality.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website and you may lose access to some of its features.
How we use and share your personal information
We may use the personal information we collect:
- to register and service your Modify Miniatures account
- for our internal records, tracking and our own business purposes
- to fulfil your purchases of Modify Miniatures
- in order to contact you about your order or account or to respond to your requests for customer support
- to provide you with information regarding changes or updates of the Modify Miniatures website
- to inform you of any product or promotional offers we may have
Modify Miniatures does not sell or provide personal data to third-party companies for commercial purposes. We respect the privacy of our customers.
We may share your personal information purely for Modify’s own use in the following ways:
- to third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, including marketing assistance, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and data analysis. We require all such third-party service providers to not use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
- to comply with any applicable, law, regulation, legal process or government request, to enforce our rights or to protect the safety and security of our website and users.
- When Modify undergoes a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may transfer your personal information to the successor organization in such transaction.
How to Access and Update Your Personal Information
If you have created a Modify account, you may update your personal information by logging into your Modify account and updating your account profile.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 5 business days. We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Modify Miniatures B.V.
Frederik van Eedenstraat 5A
Utrecht, 3532 CL, The Netherlands